Wednesday 3 December 2014

Citybreaker


For a moment i have lots of travel ideas running in my mind. There are many places i want to explore but as bounded by my journalism work, i can go nowhere. Lucky that with a chance of my friend having an interview outside London, I can get away the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a day in Dorset.

Dorset is situated in the south west of England, benefits from the mesmerising beauty of the nature. It has one of the highest proportions of conversation areas in England, including its famous coastline with wonderful cove, natural arch and chalk stacks. (UNESCO Heritage Site)

So this is our journey to Dorset.

A two hour train from London Waterloo to Bournemouth was not too bad and once landed, we rented a car to drive to Dorset. Everything's booked in advance.

First thing first was to get my friend's interview done. We drove for an hour to reach the green roof company. Very different from London, on the way we drove seeing trees glisten in perfect symmetry, beautiful colour palettes of orange, red and green creating a spectacular autumn-winter scenery.









Interview done. Met some nice people and a lovely dog Abby.






Off set we started our exploration around Dorset. Drove for another hour and we arrived a beautiful UNESCO Heritage site - Durdle Door.






The natural limstone arch along with the gradient coloured ocean. "WOW" and kept my mouth open for few minutes.

me : "WOW"

friend : "Oh my god, this is beautiful."

me : "Oh wow..."

friend : "Can you believe we are seeing this in UK?"

me : "wowwwww"

Conversation continued.

Then we carried on our little trip and drove down to Corfe Castle. Driving in countryside was comfortable, no busy traffic, not much stops. One thing to be careful was the narrow driveway, especially the single lanes that might face incoming cars.




The castle just closed when we just went to there, couldn't get any nice pictures from the top of the castle. So carry on we drove to our final destination: Old Harry Rocks, another natural chalk stones. It's a long walk even we parked nearby as we had to walk to the cliff side but it's totally worth going.
On the way we walked, we met three weird cows and had few minutes staring contests. lol











The day I spent in Dorset, I realised:

  • I didn't look at my phone much, I didn't check my messages and emails every few minutes. 
  • I felt so much happier and care-free, not even worried about any of my assignment deadlines or worried not getting any interviews done.
  • People living here can run in total darkness. Maybe they got night vision?! 
  • Living in countryside is so relaxing. Wake up have breakfast, walk dogs or feed farm animals, drive to town for groceries, grab a drink in local pub, chat with neighbours, and go home cook dinner! 
  • One important thing: YOU CAN'T GO TO THESE PLACES WITHOUT DRIVING :D




No comments:

Post a Comment